path that breaks
we’re all responsible adults // human AU // DeanCas sexing (sort of; god, I tried)
“Someone did this to him.”
“Yeah. Dude broke my brother’s head.”
“He betrayed you, this ‘dude.’ He was your friend.”
“Yeah well, he’s gone.”
“Your friend’s name was Cass? That’s an odd name.”
“Am I Cass?”
“I don’t remember you.”
“Part of me always believed you’d come back.”
Oh my god, Dean, I’m having problems right now. I don’t even know you know what you want from Cass.
Because the way the conversation goes, I’m pretty damn sure Dean doesn’t tell him that last line until they’re having the Castiel revelation-and-breakdown pow wow, since the second promo makes it clear Dean hasn’t jumped him with the knowledge that he’s from amnesia!Cass’ past.
But Dean, you are going to confuse the dear woobie and I can only HOPE the Destiel moment comes around the last line. Because Cass /does/ sound shaken when he asks “Am I Cass?” to which there will be either an affirmative or a not-denying it from Dean, so if the last line is part of some kind of “I forgive you,” deal…
…well, Cass does sort of have to apologize for Sam’s head. Because that was a biggie.
I can’t handle wondering.
Just don’t attack him, Dean. Just…don’t do that.
path that breaks
“off to college” time // Human AU
Next week's episode.
- Fox: ALL OF THE HOMO!
- Luna: WITH HIS WINGMAN.
- Reference: http://youtu.be/tOFrSBJFUvQ
SOMEHOW SKIPPED THIS EPISODE
One of the KEY EPISODES OF THE SEASON
AND IT’S THE IN-THE-ASS EPISODE. Plus side, MORE MISHA. Down side, LAST MISHA SIGHTING FOR A WHILE.
8D Dean! I do not know the reference (yet), but you are ace for naming things (now never do it again).
The little things of bleeding humanity in Cass: he says Dean’s name twice in quick succession to get his attention. And a tiny bit petulant. He’s slowly losing his boys. ;A;
The kid playing the older son looks far too old in the face to be playing a mid-teen. Like he’s a really short 30-year-old.
WOOBIE!CASS. ;A; AND HIS VOICE CRACKED. SOBBING.
EMOTIONAL TORMENT. THIS WHOLE EPISODE.
Can I just write a Jimmy+Cass twin AU fic that keeps Jimmy’s warm fuzzy family while stone-faced Cass can’t own up to his troubling Dean feels?
Or does it already exist and someone needs to point me to it?
Getting too close? YOU WERE BARELY AROUND, CASS.
Maybe the problem I’m experiencing here is going through a million episodes at once. 16 episodes in and you do wind up seeing that Cass is there half the time. And the interactions are stagnant and not really one-on-one, and you can barely count the time travel episode.
So any “getting too attached” things just seem….WHEN WAS THERE TIME?! The bench, the initial meet-up, the astral phase, the torture session, and up until the torture session, it’s been fleeting in those one-on-one moments. So you better have been watching Dean (and Sam) the entire time, Cass, or else I’m calling foul. Because maybe you were having your character-brooding off-screen, because you mention doubt once and now you’re in serious doubt mode—
Ah, fuck this.
- Dean: *whoosh* Man, it is time to right some wrongs.
- Sam: Come again?
- Dawn: Look at me. I came back from the furnace without any of my old scars, right? You know, bullet wounds, knife cuts, none of the off-angled fingers from all the breaks. I mean, my hide is as smooth as a baby's bottom, which leads me to conclude, sadly...my virginity is intact.
- Sam: What?
- Dean: Re-hymenated.
- Sam: Re-- *scoff laugh* Please. Dean, maybe angels can pull you out of hell, but no one could do that.
- Dean: Brother, I have been re-hymenated.
- Me: So if he was circumcised, would his foreskin be back?
- Me: Does this mean he wasn't before because it wasn't in his thoughts until now?
- Me: DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK OF THESE THINGS?
- Me: Dean, your back door is a virgin again; your dick doesn't have much to do with it.
- Me: Dean, your virginity.
- Me: Save it for your savior with the trench coat.
- Dean: I'm just saying, man, there's some legends that you just file under "bull crap".
- Sam: And you got angels on the "bull crap" list?
- Dean: Yep.
- Sam: Why?
- Dean: Because I've never seen one.
- Me: Cas, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE TWO SEASONS SOONER. Make a believer out of him, man!